Huggins Curtis, the first academic and residence building on campus, was opened in 1907. This building remained the primary academic building on campus until the 1940's. It was named after Boiling Springs High School's first principal, J.D. Huggins, and Dean of Women, Etta Curtis.
Photo Description: Students of Boiling Springs High School gathering on the front steps of the nearly completed Huggins Curtis Building.
Archives, Gardner-Webb University, "1907: Huggins Curtis Opens" (1907). Gardner-Webb University History: A Timeline. 2.
Huggins Curtis, Boiling Springs High School