The granite arch is erected on campus marking the first use of the school's motto "Pro Deo et Humanitate" (For God and Humanity). The arch is dedicated as the J. D. Huggins Memorial Arch in 1943.
Photo Description: Students stand in front of the school arch c. 1970's.
Archives, Gardner-Webb University, "1912: The Granite Arch is Erected on Campus" (1912). Gardner-Webb University History: A Timeline. 25.