In 1908, Boiling Springs High School established four literary societies: Athenean, Kalagathian, Rhamseaur, and Kalliergeonian. By 1934 the four societies merged into two co-ed societies: the Athenian-Rhamsauer and the Kalatahian-Kalliergeonean. Students were required to join one of the school's societies which functioned as early learning communities focused on essay writing, declamation, debate, and self-governance. Societies held student-led assemblies throughout the year with society medals being awarded to the students with the most outstanding work or contribution. The societies collaborated on several literary publications: 1911 - 1912 on The Argus, 1920s - 1030s on The Kalarathea. The 1947 Anchor yearbook contains the last reference to either society.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.